As a CIO, finding the right IT talent for your organization can be a bit daunting. That’s where BravoTECH comes in. In this blog, we discuss six actions you can take to achieve your IT recruiting goals each and every time.
- Understand the essential skills and experience you need – as well as what you can live without. When searching for top talent, it’s crucial to identify the specific skills and experience you’re looking for. There are plenty of highly impressive candidates who may excel at everything except what your organization needs right now. So while they might seem like a catch at first, they may end up not being a good fit. In addition, it’s important to know the difference between “must have” and “nice to have” requirements, so that you don’t overlook candidates who are a good fit now and have the potential to become even more valuable with additional training.
- Define your company culture. Top candidates have options, and the luxury of looking for a work environment that appeals to them. Be prepared to clearly define and communicate your company culture and you’ll attract like-minded individuals who share your corporate values and goals.
- Build a strong employment brand. Your employment brand is your chance to show off what makes your company unique. In addition to a clearly defined culture, be sure to highlight the unique benefits and growth opportunities your organization has to offer. This will help you attract the best talent.
- Leverage technology. There’s a lot of exciting technology available to make the recruiting process more efficient. AI-powered resume screening, online assessments and other tools can help identify and assess top talent more efficiently. By enlisting an IT recruiting firm, you’ll increase your access to the latest recruiting technologies and gain access to a larger pool of candidates.
- Engage with candidates. Creating a positive candidate experience is one of the easiest and most effective ways to stand out from the competition. Personalized communication and following up in a timely manner will show candidates you value their time and interest, which goes a long way considering the shrinking shelf life of IT candidates. If you care enough to treat them with respect during the recruiting process, they’ll be more likely to accept an offer – and recommend your company to other candidates. In the age of online reviews, candidates with positive feedback can do a lot to boost your recruiting efforts.
- Keep your pipeline full. Recruiting is an ongoing process, even when you’re not actively hiring. Earlier we mentioned you’ll often meet highly skilled, valuable candidates that aren’t exactly what you’re looking for right now. Building relationships with these potential future candidates and staying active in the IT community can help keep your pipeline full, making IT recruiting easier when the next opening comes around. This will prove especially valuable when talent is in short supply.
Successful IT recruiting requires a thoughtful, long-term strategy and a lot of legwork. Following these six actions will help you locate and retain the best talent for your organization. As always, BravoTECH is here to help. Give us a shout to learn more about our IT recruiting services!