Each fall presents a multitude of opportunties to attend industry conferences and attend professional networking events. It’s also a busy time of the year for companies, with annual planning and budgeting meetings and other end-of-year activities. Here’s why you should resist the temptation to hunker down in your office and take some time to attend at least one or two of these events.
- Out of Office Thinking. Sometimes taking a break from your work routine can lead to a breakthrough idea about how to solve a problem at work. Conferences and networking events expose you to new ideas and solutions you can use when you return.
- Exposure to Experts and Problem Solvers. Conferences usually host industry leaders as their session and keynote speakers. Rather than just sitting in the back of the room, introduce yourself to as many of the presenters as possible to expand your network.
- Professional Networking. Conferences attract other driven, high-achievers in your field. Use your time there to make new connections that will benefit you and your organization.
- Trends and Innovations. Keeping up with the latest technologies, trends and best practices takes continuous effort, and conferences are one of the best opportunities to learn about what’s trending in your industry.
- Peer Knowledge Sharing. By networking with peers at a conference, you can discover how others are solving similar challenges.